Sunday

Family Tree Memory Journal

"Remember me in the family tree My name, my days, my strife; Then I'll ride upon the wings of time And live an endless life."
~Linda Goetsch











My Family Tree Memory Journal....by Amy Maisel.......altered book, paper art

I took a class on altered books and this is what came of my first attempt.....I had an idea of writing down my memories of relatives I love so much and want to keep them tucked into a special book, so this is a book with little nooks and crannies to put little cards and photos in! I made it from a 1970s stitch-bound book. I also used a packet of K&Company scrapbook paper to embellish the pages. The designs reminded me of most of the decor that my aunts and grandmothers had when I was young......it brought back memories just looking at them. I love using bright colored prints that have been aged and distressed (looks a bit like me and my house)! Anyway, usually I recycle everything from around my house to make something new, but I love buying all those beautiful papers, and tiddles and bits! Then, of course I had to use all my new stuff (paper, buttons, ribbons and cardboard letters) right away!