Sunday

Hardware Store Art Doll

Progress, under whose feet the grass mourns and the forest turns into paper from which newspaper plants grow, has subordinated the purpose of life to the means of subsistence and turned us into the nuts and bolts for our tools
~ Karl Kraus




Hardware Store Artdoll.......Artwork by Amy Maisel.......Mixed Media Wood and Hardware

Recently I went on a family trip to Breckenridge and on one of my many walks, I walked by a free-be pile from a garage sale......Well I couldn't pass up all this old hardware, like: old metal wheels, locks, keys, glass slides, hinges, etc!!! An older gentleman was looking at the stuff too and said "What a bunch of Junk" and I said "No, these are treasures"! He then Hmmmmmfffffttt. and walked into the garage.....they were his old "Treasures"!!!! I came home and made this Funky Guy out of some of those old treasures and a few new ones!!!