Tuesday

Four Elephants

Animal Power Meanings: Elephant = Commitment.
Elephants can teach us the power of gentleness, commitment, and communication in relationships. They are deeply committed to all creatures with whom they have relationships, are powerful when protecting others and gentle in nurturing them. The matriarch of a herd practices leadership in a way that is both gentle and inclusive. Elephants' ability to communicate telepathically can teach us how to truly listen to others.
















FOur Elephants........By Amy Maisel.................Acrylic on Wood

I love elephants, I have collected a few elephant statues over the years, got an elephant tattoo, drew many elephant pictures and now I did this piece. I actually started it over a year ago....I drew it out and painted the background around the elephants. I put it away for awhile though because I just didn't know what to do with it. I guess it wasn't calling me until a month ago. I saw it sitting in the corner and it just wanted some color. I love painting in bright colors and then taking it down with stain, or brown paint. It gives it a folk art quality to it.
The space above my kitchen cabinets was the perfect place for this piece. There are four people in my family....My husband, two children and I. We are all strong, nurturing, protective and intuitive....especially with each other.That is what this piece represents!!!!

God is really only another artist. He invented the giraffe, the elephant and the cat. He has no real style, He just goes on trying other things.
~Pablo Picasso