Tuesday

Steampunk TinkerARTdoLL

tin·ker noun /ˈtiNGkər/ 
tinkers, plural


1.(esp. in former times) A person who travels from place to place mending metal utensils as a way of making a living

2.A person who makes minor mechanical repairs, esp. on a variety of appliances and apparatuses, usually for a living

3.A Gypsy or other person living in an itinerant community

4.An act of attempting to repair something









TinKeR.......By Amy Maisel.......Altered Bendidoll with Mixed Media Objects..Beads, fabric, fibers, jewelry, odds and ends, etc.

I was just hanging out in the studio one Sunday afternoon with my daughter and she wanted to make a steampunk doll with my felt. Well, I wanted to do something similar. As I went through my scrap fabric I found a zipper I salvaged from an old bookbag. I thought about the zipper being a mouth....then I realized I had a ready made bendi doll I got at Michaels and I envisioned what you see now...A steampunk Tinkerdoll. I was influenced by Tim Burtons movie "9". I love anything vintage, tattered and well loved...and well, this looks all three. Tinker is my favorite doll I have ever made!! She has a lot of love and a lot of little stories in her.