Friday

"INSPIRATION"

in·spi·ra·tion (nsp-rshn) n.
1.
a. Stimulation of the mind or emotions to a high level of feeling or activity.
b. The condition of being so stimulated.
2. An agency, such as a person or work of art, that moves the intellect or emotions or prompts action or invention.
3. Something, such as a sudden creative act or idea, that is inspired.
4. The quality of inspiring or exalting: a painting full of inspiration.
5. Divine guidance or influence exerted directly on the mind and soul of humankind.
6. The act of drawing in, especially the inhalation of air into the lungs.

Altered Art Dolls





"Altered Art Dolls"....Created By: Amy Maisel....Mixed Media (Porcelain Doll Parts, Napkin Rings, Curtain Ring, Tuna Can, Jar Lid, Fibers, Beads, Charms, Buttons, Ribbons, Beads, Clay, Glitter, Etc.

These dolls were "INSPIRED" by a fabulous artist JoAnnA Pierotti of Moss Hill Studio.... mosshill.blog.com

I saw a sweet little doll she did for a workshop and I had all these little porcelain dolls I wanted to do something with and one of her dolls inspired these dolls. My dolls look completely different than hers, but inspiration is a wonderful thing. It is a spark that hits you and gets your own gears moving so that you can create something completely unique to you, but capture that moment you had when you saw the art of someone else. "Copying is the most sincerest form of flattery.....BUT, Copying is Copying!!! I do not mix Inspiration with Copying, nor should anyone else!!!!


"Make a Wish"






"Make A Wish"....Made By Amy Maisel.....Mixed Media.....Inspired by JoAnna Pierotti's Art Dolls in the book "Exhibition 36".

I made this doll for my Art Doll Exchange Gift at my Christmas Party for The DollieMama and the Fabric Floozies Doll Club!!! (I am now tongue tied...LOL) I wanted to try something new with altering Baby Doll heads and I saw JoAnna's sample of how to make one in the Book "Exhibition 36". I liked her mixed media approach and wrapping fibers around a cylindrical object for a body. This was fun to experiment with and I liked how it turned out!!! Fun!!! Inspired!!!


"Colorful One"





"Colorful One".....By Amy Maisel.....Mixed Media (Lampshade, Babydoll Head&Arms, Mixed Fibers/Cloth, Beads, Charms, etc.) Inspired by the artists (JoAnna Pierotti and Lisa Loria).

Again, I wanted to try and play around with this idea of using Baby Doll Parts. I have been making some steampunk dolls and thought I would use them for a "darker piece" but, I decided to do something more colorful and fun instead. I love using my upholstery fabrics, zippers, fibers, ribbon, charms, etc!!! She had to have some funky dreaded wool yarn hair along with a full colorful skirt made from an old wire lampshade. This doll was fun to make and different than what I normally make, but still staying true to my style!!!