Friday

Wise Woman Workshop~With Gretchen Lima

A wise woman, who was traveling in the mountains, found a precious stone in a stream. The next day she met another traveler who was hungry, and the wise woman opened her bag to share her food. The hungry traveler saw the precious stone and asked the woman to give it to him. She did so without hesitation. The traveler left, rejoicing in his good fortune. He knew the stone was worth enough to give him security for a lifetime.

But, a few days later, he came back to return the stone to the wise woman. "I've been thinking," he said. "I know how valuable this stone is, but I give it back in the hope that you can give me something even more precious. Give me what you have within you that enabled you to give me this stone."

--- Author Unknown




"Wise Woman of Worries"...Made by Amy Maisel...Mixed Media/Fibers...Created in Gretchen Lima's Workshop "Wise Woman" http://www.gretchenlima.com/

In the wonderful world of Art Dolls lives a woman by the name of Gretchen Lima. She is an inspiration not only for her abilities as an artist, but her nature, wisdom and spirit. I took her "Wise Woman Art Doll Workshop" and learned a lot about tapping into your inner spirit to put into your artwork. The journey for me took me to a place of deep meaning and for me my Wise Woman I created is so much more special because of it!!!

"Wise Woman of Worries" is a Woman who takes your worries and gives them to the birds to fly away with them. Exactly the wisdom I need!!!!