Wednesday

Trash to Treasure

“You can’t depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of
focus". Mark Twain


"Curbside Find"......Refinished by Amy Maisel.....Acrylics&Love




"$7.00 @ Goodwill"....Refinished by Amy Maisel....Acrylics&Love

I love refinishing old pieces and bringing them to life again! These two pieces were outdated and sad looking before and now, I love them. My daughter needed a side table and extra storage. She has a cute little kitty necklace that we got the idea from. I made a bunch of paper templates and made different animals. I kept it simple with a black and white theme...with a little color. She loves it and it goes with her room and personality perfectly!!! The trunk was in a pile of trash on our street for our monthly curbside trash day! I snatched it up and added many layers of creme and gold paint. I finished it off with some copper glaze to give the metal details a new look.