Tuesday

Crying Chicken

The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.”

~Arnold H. Glasgow










"Crying Chicken"......Created By Amy Maisel.......Mixed Media-Fencing Wire, Tinfoil, Wooden Bowl, Plaster Cloth, Encaustic Wax, Walnut Ink, Tacks, Nails, Metal Buttons.

My kids went back to school last week after what seems like a very short summer vacation. Well, I got up the other morning and took my daughter to school like I do every morning and when I pulled back into the garage...I saw all my wooden bowls sitting on the shelf. I have been lugging these bowls on our "MANY" moves just waiting to get inspired to do something with them. Well, I pulled into the garage and looked at them and thought.....Those would make some cool little animal bowls!!! So, I immediately went up to my studio (wooden bowls in hand) and set up to create my first wonder......"CRYING CHICKEN"! My poor little chicken! I used a new glue to set the buttons for eyes and thought it had set, but after leaving it for a few hours, I came back to see it had tears running down it's face!!!! Well, I love how these things may look like a mistake, but actually turn out to be quite awesome! SO, Crying Chicken now lives in my entryway greeting friends! Tears or not, I really do love her!!!