Friday

Vanity Free....Vanity Fair

The only cure for vanity is laughter, and the only fault that is laughable is vanity.

~Henri Bergson






Found Vanity Treasure.....Reclaimed/Refinished/Painted by Amy Maisel.....Acrylic Paint, MinWax

I found this on the curb outside my neighbors home!!!! It is probably a 1930s-1940s Piece and in pretty remarkable condition. It was missing a few parts here and there and I removed the side mirrors (to be put in later or some other kind of surprise)!!!! I actually put this piece in the garage about 20 minutes before a huge thunderstorm/dust wall...I don't know if I would have taken it all waterlogged and muddy!!! I painted it turquoise and then distressed it with minwax! I love how it turned out and it fits into my decor perfectly!!!!

(About a week after I refinished the vanity-I went to Anthropologie and bought these beautiful floral knobs. The hardware at that store is like going to a candy store!!!)