Monday

SEE ME-Steampunk Assemblage

Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful, for beauty is God's handwriting.
Ralph Waldo Emerson











SEE ME...........Created By Amy Maisel.......Mixed Media Assemblage with bought and found, new and old objects!!!

I found this box at Goodwill and couldn't wait to do a mixed media shadowbox piece with it. I then found these funny little glasses at the dollar store....and well the wheels started a-turning. I used a lot of Tim Holtz stickers and other scrapbook papers I had and decoupaged them to the box. The inside of the box is paper towels dyed with Walnut inks and decoupaged! I used microbeads, varnish and acrylics, gel medium to give the piece an older look. I also added a lot tidbits I have been collecting over the last 15 years. This piece was really fun to make in the midst of the Steampunk craze right now...I thought I would jump in and give it a try!!!!